Every homeowner here in East Melbourne would love it if all their appliances continue to function properly. One of the most essential systems in your home is the plumbing system, supporting the flow of clean water throughout your home. However, the plumbing system tend to be the most neglected. Some people may not realise the importance of regular maintenance, and any plumbing issue that arises will catch them by surprise.
Below are some of the things that lead to broken pipes.
- Drain clogs: A blocked drain is one of the most common plumbing issues you could face. There are various objects that could cause drain clogs, if you are not mindful of what you wash down the drain. If you have a blocked drain, the blockage will disrupt the flow of water. As a result, your pipes will have to withstand more pressure. Over time, if you continue to ignore the problem, your pipes will burst.
- Age: Age is a huge factor that could lead to broken pipes. Your water pipes will not last forever. The water flowing through your pipes have different levels of acidity that could lead to corrosion. To save yourself the trouble of facing a burst pipe, have your local plumber inspect the condition of your pipes. If they need repair, you have the option of either replacing them or have them relined.
- Heat: Heat is one of the causes for corrosion. Corrosion is a common problem, typically in the junctions and joints.
- Cold: Cold temperature can cause frozen pipes. Frozen pipes occur when your pipes are exposed to cold weather and the water inside of it turns into ice. Ice will expand and add extra pressure to your pipes.
- Irregular maintenance: It is safe to say that all of the above can be avoided by having regular maintenance. By have a professional plumber regularly inspect your plumbing system, you will be aware of any minor problems and have them resolved before they get worse.
Reach out to your local plumbers in East Melbourne for regular inspections and quality services to keep your plumbing system in good condition.